YELLOW STONE 1kg - PS200-1
Ashton Admor Flesh and Wound Effects YELLOW STONE 1kg - PS200-1YELLOW STONE - is a powdered stone for making moulds. - Mix 45mL water to 150g Yellow Stone (general guide). - Tap out bubbles. - Pour into mould. - Allow to harden before removing the mould. . Vary quantities and ratio of stone to water, to suit your own personal preference.... READ MORE
YELLOW STONE - is a powdered stone for making moulds.
- Mix 45mL water to 150g Yellow Stone (general guide).
- Tap out bubbles.
- Pour into mould.
- Allow to harden before removing the mould.
Vary quantities and ratio of stone to water, to suit your own personal preference.
- Make sure you have these items ready:
- 1 x 450g Kromopan (Skin Safe Chromatic Alginate that Dentists use).
- 1 x 1kg Yellowstone (a more refined Plaster of Paris)
- 2 x tall containers or beakers, at least 500mL capacity
- 2 x Mixing sticks and a satay stick
- Petroleum Jelly (only needed for pets)
- Read through the instructions below before starting, as it is quick setting.
- Cover your child's hand with a light mist of water. (With pet's paw, cover all hair/fur with petroleum Jelly).
- Mix with a mixing stick, 450g Kromopan with 1L of 23degC water in a tall container. (Takeaway containers are perfect for children's feet or pet's paws). "Warmer water sets alginate a lot quicker, use colder water if you need more time".
- Mix until creamy. It will start purple and slowly turn pink. You have about a minute to a minute and a half to mix. Tap out bubbles.
- Place your child's hand or pet's paw into the Kromopan while it is still purple/pink in colour and hold them there, until the colour changes to white. (This may take a couple of minutes).
- When the Kromopan feels bouncy when pressing your thumb against it, remove your child's hand or Pet's paw.
- In the other container, mix with a mixing stick, 1kg Yellowstone with approximately 300mL water.
- Mix until creamy and gently tap out bubbles.
- Pour a little of the Yellowstone slurry into the set Kromopan mould and rotate the container to coat the mould. Pour the remainer of the Yellowstone slurry into the set Kromopan mould.
- Once the Yellowstone is hard (this may take an hour), remove the whole Kromopan/Yellowstone mould from the container.
- Peel the outside Kromopan away from the Yellowstone. For detailed areas, use a satay stick to remove small pieces.
- Congratulations! You now have a treasured keepsake.
117 0Price: $11.30In stock! Order now!Mehron
149 0Price: $19.10In stock! Order now!Mehron
152 1Price: $7.90In stock! Order now!Mehron
GASHL 0Price: $3.30In stock! Order now!Ashton Admor
LM100 0Price: $14.50In stock! Order now!Ashton Admor